Build a Systematic Approach to Organic Growth for Your Account Management
The New Role of Account Management: Growing the Client's Business
April 26, 2019 1:00 - 2:00pm ET
The role of account management has evolved – significantly.
We’ll begin the series with a look at the shifting needs of clients and how this directly impacts the role of account management. At one point, the role was only focused on keeping each client happy – delivering the agency’s work on time, on spec, on budget.
This is no longer the case. In fact, there are now two types of account managers: those who passively run their accounts and those who proactively drive the growth of the account by leaning in and leading the client forward.
We’ll begin to look at how to become more proactive and create sustained organic growth – without feeling like a sales person.
Become a Client Business Partner: Better Understand + Impact Their Business
May 3, 2019 1:00 - 2:30pm ET
This training session walks you through a series of step-by-step exercises to better articulate the business value you create for your clients.
Learn how to quickly identify the unique business outcomes that will be of greatest importance to your clients. You will then begin reinterpreting and actually elevating client briefs – directly impacting the quality of the agency’s work and its impact on your clients.
Ultimately, we will improve your strategic thinking and place the emphasis where it belongs – on your client’s business. By doing so, you will deliver more effective client work that in turn converts more revenue for the agency. The goal is to become your client’s business partner.
Methodically Mine for New Opportunities From Every Client
May 10, 2019 1:00 - 2:30pm ET
This training session will walk through how to proactively develop business-building ideas for your current clients – ultimately with the goal of generating more business for the agency.
We’ll step through how to leverage three powerful business-building tools, each playing a unique role in driving Organic Growth:
- Path to Purchase Modeling: Also known as Customer Journey Mapping, this has come back as a powerful tool that has evolved considerably over the last few years. In fact, it is most effective at uncovering business-building ideas for your clients, while creating revenue opportunities for the agency.
- Diagnostics: This is a tool applied by management consulting firms to reveal client growth potential. It is methodical in its approach, as it uncovers the gaps most holding back your client's marketing effectiveness – while identifying new project opportunities for the agency.
- Genuine Target Audience Insight: We’ll look at how to make this key element unlock business growth potential for your clients. Using the resources you already have in place, learn how to uncover, package and sell insights in a way that coverts more business for the agency.
The session will finish with a look at how to ensure your ideas are worthy of going forward to your clients. We’ll apply a set of criteria to be certain your team is thinking big enough and truly focused on the client’s business.
Presenting Your Ideas: Selling More Effectively
May 21, 2019 1:00 - 2:00pm ET
Clients are not pleased with the state of agency presentations. They rarely focus on the client’s business in a meaningful way, while droning on with lifeless delivery.
This training session will address how turn Organic Growth ideas into compelling client presentations. In fact, learn how to transform these important presentations into dynamic, engaging and persuasive experiences that convert more business for the agency:
- Apply the principles, plots and rhythms of storytelling to improve your team’s command of the room (including their energy and persuasiveness).
- Apply methods from management consulting firms to create presentations that better focus on addressing the client’s objectives.
- Develop a consistent structure and approach that can be scaled across your entire agency.
In your more important client meetings, you have one chance to get it right. Ultimately, using a more methodical approach, this training will help you generate more revenue for the agency by dialing up your presentation effectiveness.
Organic Growth Plans: A Client-Centric Approach to Growing Agency Business
May 29, 2019 1:00 - 2:30pm ET
This training session will provide a five-step framework for writing aggressive organic growth plans. It is client-centric. It is focused on growing the client's business. It is focused on growing the agency’s business.
Step-by-step, we’ll walk through how to craft a client-by-client Organic Growth plan; one that will result in more revenue for the agency. Our structure breaks down a more practical method that will result in a higher rate of implementation – as compared to many plans which often become lost in the chaos of day-to-day account work. In fact, you will put to work in this session as you begin writing your individual Organic Growth plans.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for those in account management. While there is more of a focus for mid-level and senior account team members, those who are more junior will also benefit from the training. There is a particular emphasis on those that play (or will play) a role in driving the growth for any roster clients.